Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Checking in, Anne Lamott, and a healthy reminder 8D

My husband and I are working more adamantly on our health and our health blog.

Please feel free to visit us over at

http://ahealthierwe.blogspot.com/

It's time to change. I have to be more serious about my health and Dave is feeling the same, so it's a bit easier to go on this journey together.

It's been quite some time since I have blogged regularly here... In a lot of ways, that makes me sad. I miss this. I miss typing all of my little thoughts... Most of my postings have made it into my private diary as of late... But this part of it is important too.

Healing and learning is always a part of my life. Sometimes, it may seem I am growing less than others, but it seems there's always something I am working on.

I have had some setbacks. With epilepsy, I am a different person now. I have to relearn some fairly simple coping techniques, but in a way, life is always a place to learn. We get better, and sometimes we learn and relearn, and every time, there is a purpose.

One writer who fills my heart with reality, hope, and laughter is Anne Lamott. She amazes me. She strengthens me with her honesty. I have read books now and then of hers for the last 13 years or so. Books find me here and there... And somehow I forget about meaningful books, but it's a cycle, I think. Books come to us when it's time... My way of picking out books is as follows. If I'm needing a self help book or encouragement, I pray, and the right book just seems to pop into my head or I am lead to it. A very beautiful thing... 8D.

Here is a beautiful article to just show you a bit of what she shares.

http://www.salon.com/2015/04/10/anne_lamott_shares_all_that_she_knows_everyone_is_screwed_up_broken_clingy_and_scared/

I am still working on feeling better, and unfortunately I am unable to work outside of the home at this time. I am very sad about this, but life does change and I am working on making the best of it. I am spending a lot of time with my children and I have missed that so much. I try to find the good in everything, it just takes me awhile sometimes 8)

No comments: