Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Velocity of Love

I have been thinking about my outlook on love and trust (those fundamental glues of relationships.) I don't just mean romantic relationships, but I also mean any relationship that we are in, whether it is our friends, kids, family, or a romantic relationship.

This particular post on love can be more likened to dating relationships, though there are truths in this for all relationships, I feel.

I don't trust easily anymore. I guess that's due to years of so much turmoil for so many different reasons.

So when I start to trust more and open up and grow to respect a person more and more, and love grows incipient, I sometimes panic. After panicking, I commence the velocity test.

The velocity test can be likened to skydiving. (Now I'm writing a blog paralleling love with something I have never done, so if I say anything ignorant about skydiving, forgive me. 80) I couldn't think of a better reference than this, and I'm too lazy to research skydiving in order to write a blog 80)).

In this theory, the person one is dating and me jump out of the singledom plane, pass through the dating clouds. At most points, I am looking over in order to see how fast the other person is falling. This would be likened to falling in love. At the point of falling in love, we open up our parachutes. There have been a few times that I have splatted on the ground in the velocity test. But that's okay. 80) There have also been times that we have opened up our parachutes a little close to the airplane. It wasn't pretty.

So in the velocity test, I tend to watch what the other person is doing, how fast they are falling etc, to guage whether I should trust them or open up.

So these are my thoughts on love and how I look at it. It helps, and the velocity test can be very beneficial. 80)

No comments: