Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Decision -- Written 7/26/2007

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Current mood: peaceful
Category: Writing and Poetry

As I gaze upon the path before me,

I realize the depth of my decision.

I peer at the challenges laid out before me.

I ponder at what my life is to be.

The decision I make may not make logical sense to all.

It makes logical sense to me.

And it is the decision that God has led me to.

I call it the first decision of the rest of my life.

My heart pounds as I look into the glory that is my Creator.

I say the words I feel led to say.

My heart beats with anticipation for the commitment I am making.

I realize that my life will never be the same, only better.

I look at the girl in the mirror and I see that the Lord has given her such beauty,

Such strength and so many blessings to go forward in this life.

There are trials and there are struggles,

But this girl will make it through.

My Lord, who is holding me up, is here and is with me as I declare my decision.

I am a new creation.