Saturday, December 8, 2012

Cranberry sherberty-type goodness

You may notice a trend, but I'm a bit obsessed with cranberries... Well, maybe I'm a lot obsessed. This is the truth, my dad would buy me my own cranberry sauce almost every Thanksgiving and Christmas, so I wouldn't eat it all. We always had the gelatinous can-like mass, and with having to watch my sugar, the amount of carbs in a serving is not doable... So therefore, I keep figuring out my own cranberry recipes. Cranberries themselves are low in carbs, but they are pretty tart. I use Truvia and stevia a great deal in  my cooking, so my cranberry sauce is made with that as the sweetener, and usually halved... I like a bit of tartness in my cranberries. I like understated sweetness most of the time anyway, except for Cadbury eggs. But that is for another time 8D.

I made a cranberry sherbet tonight. I put the cranberries to boil with the sweetener. Let it boil, turned down to a simmer, and let it gel a bit. Blended it with some fake milk and ice. Put in the freezer for about 20 minutes and voila... it was tasty. I ate it all (no one in my household likes cranberries...)

No comments: