Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day -- Spiritual thoughts included

This weekend, at my sons' basketball games, they have devotionals at half-time, as they participate in faith-based sports. One of the devotion-givers said that John 3:16 is the ultimate Valentine...

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, so that whosoever shall believe in him, shall not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:16

This is God saying 'Be Mine', just like those conversation hearts many of us partake in... I have been thinking about this for two full days.

The Lord loves each us so very much and He believes in each and every one of us.

I decided this morning that I would have a wonderful Valentine's day. And the truth is, I have. I have so many wonderful friends and my sister, who made sure I felt loved today.

I used to hate this holiday, knowing it wouldn't be one of my dreams. But what is the ultimate Valentine's day? Sweets and flowers are fleeting... But Love from God is forever... And the people He strategically places in our lives is amazing. He knows exactly what we need 80)

This day is now one of my dreams. I feel so loved and so blessed by my friends, God, and the joy I feel within.

What helped me have a good day is the new outlook I am utilizing in my life. That's another blog 80)

No comments: