Monday, February 7, 2011

Wip -- Afghan and to Frog or not to frog -- Ribbit

This is my boyfriend's afghan so far. The strands that are loose are needing to be sewn in. The projected length is 72 inches finished. Thus far, I have completed 59 inches. The projected width is 54 inches, of which 51 is now completed.


This afghan is being completed in single crochets across. The idea behind the colors and amount of rows is asymmetric. Basically, I have no pattern for the amount of rows or which order the colors go in. I am going by the feel of how many rows I want each color in and it's partially being dictated by how much yarn of each color I currently have.


Now onto Frogging... Frogging in crocheting and knitting is basically undoing it, unravelling your project back to before the problem arose. In this case, I failed to measure across every few inches. So after about 50 inches, I realized that the top of the afghan is 8 inches less than the bottom. Oops. The issue is I would have had to frog half of the afghan, which would have wasted over 40 hours of hard work... So my solution was to crochet up and down the afghan to even it out. slip stitches and single crochets for the ok portion of the afghan and hdcs and dcs for the remaining portion... This is depicted in the photo below.



I feel like I'm really coming along on the afghan. I hope to have it done by the end of February at the latest...

No comments: