Friday, December 12, 2008

The ability to make decisions

As I continue my foray into the serious, let me say that I am still light-hearted. I just know there are some things that I am not liking about me right now. Numerous times, I have found that others are making important decisions for me, decisions that I want to help make or at least be able to give my point of view.

And, as I had an epiphany, i realize that the reason this transpires is that I have an inability to make decisions. I am one of the most indecisive people, and I have decided that this portion of me is changing. I am starting with any decisions, whether it's where we eat or whatnot. I have commenced this, and it's really going somewhat well, but I need to kick the decision making into high gear. My sons are starting to get used to it. I used to never make many decisions with them, especially small ones, but they are about as indecisive as me, so it can sometimes take us 30 minutes to decide what to do.

So, I am making a goal. I am setting a time limit in which i need to make a decision. Even if my decision is not honored, that's fine, but it's good to get my brain thinking and being more decisive, so that in the big things, I can give my opinion and not be afraid of others' opinions of me. I think that's a huge portion of it. I am scared of living with the decisions I make. I am scared it will be wrong.

But i can't live in fear. One of my favorite scriptures is "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear; because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love(1 john 4:18).

So I will implement this. I will squish that fear until it begs for mercy or until its' eyes pop out. That was nice imagery 80)

No comments: