Friday, December 5, 2008

The ability to move

This is something I have been thinking about lately. I have the tendency to procrastinate... a LOT. And I was contemplating the facets of this and why, how to combat it, and so on and so forth. Friends' urgings help sometimes, but i find that there are some things that I don't act until i absolutely *have* to. This is something that I am changing, because, while procrastination can be ok to a point, I procrastinate with a vengeance. I just don't think that this is how I want to live. I know it's not.

So why am I thinking of this? The boys and I are moving to a different apartment, and it didn't take an act of congress. A friend's support helped, but ultimately, it was my choice and not caused by a brick wall, where I had to act.

I know that procrastination goes along with my astrological sign, but there's more to it than that. I think that I must examine my fears that cause me to remain stagnant at times. The ability to move, to adapt, is important, imperative really. I long to become untangled from the fear that sometimes immobilizes me, causing this temporary paralysis.

This is a really positive step. I am really excited, and thankful 80)

1 comment:

Daesha said...

I hope you continue to kick this procrastination habit. It's easier to just do it - then you don't have to dread it forever!