Saturday, December 13, 2008

My own two feet - My newfound perspective

So I have been thinking of this blog for awhile. I am finally ready to write it.

I am a romantic. I don't know if one would deem me as a hopeless romantic, but it has been said. When I was younger, I really was. I dreamed of fairy tales and that the heroine would be me. As I grew up, I realized that fairy tales are just that, and that reality is drastically different. I know that, but I guess there is still that part of me that dreams of being swept off of my feet.

I know now that I cannot wait for a man to save me. This is a huge lesson for me. I know this may be of a personal nature, but I just have to share it. Maybe someone else is going through the same thing and can be touched by what I say. I hope so. Even to say that there is someone else who has felt or is dealing with the same thing they are.

I knew in my mind that I shouldn't wait for a man to save me, but I didn't know how to change it. So much has happened, and a lot of it has to do with voicing what i want and willing it to happen. I have a wonderful friend that often talks about affirmations and how we make so much of our future happen, because we prepare for it in our minds and with our actions.

I realize that I am a wonderful person, and I am becoming more and more what I want to be on a daily basis. I am growing and I am so proud of who I am becoming.

I have come to the realization that I am strong, through my Heavenly Father, and I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13). I am more and more that strong woman I never dreamed I could be.

So I realize that I have to save myself in the sense that I can change my circumstances to a point and that i can stand on my own two feet. I can do this, I can be independent. I can do so much. I can rely on Heavenly Father and my wonderful friends and a few family members, knowing that they have my back as I am helping to raise the two most wonderful boys in the whole entire world (I may be slightly biased 80) ).



So, do I still like romantic movies and fairy tales? absolutely! but as long as I keep in mind the fact that life is full of realities, then I am ok. Just to remember to keep it all in perspective 80).

No comments: