Saturday, December 13, 2008

Winterfest and Build-a-bear!!!

So, i took the goobers out to Arlington this morning while I worked. They went to Winterfest at their church (when they are with their dad) and I met them there. I knew it was happening, but I didn't know what to expect. They had oodles of bounce houses and a rock wall and all sorts of games and crafts. Too bad I didn't think to bring my camera and I don't have a camera phone at this point, so we don't have pictures of us trying to scale a rock wall. Darn. Well, I wish i had pics of the boys on the rock wall, but glad that there are no pictures to document my futile attempt at climbing. I made it six feet. You read right, six feet. I was in my work clothes. That's my excuse, but I was in tennis shoes, so i should have made it further. A friend gave me some hand-me-up shoes yesterday and they were still in my car, so I was very glad for them. Can't imagine climbing a rock wall in ballet flats or bare feet (some people were trying that) or socks (some people were trying that too). Tristan literally made it one foot on the rock wall. Avery made it two feet. I think they were having fun falling and having the rope catch them, since we were harnessed in and all that good stuff. It was windy though, I was trying to find my footing, and the wind blew really hard, and i was down 80).

The kids had so much fun on obstacle courses and bounce houses. They enjoyed seeing their soccer coach from earlier this year too, since he was there as well. But alas, it was a great deal of fun. We were unable to make it to the primary activity for the church they attend with me, but I guess we can't always do everything 80(.

In waiting for the rock wall, a girl asked me how old I am. She thought i was 16. That hasn't happened in awhile. I have gotten 18 lately, but not sixteen. Crazy...

Some cute things:
When we were waiting in line for the rock wall, Tristan said he was going to play at the basketball throw next to the rockwall, and he told Avery to keep me company. Avery threw his arms around me and looked at me and said, "I am keeping you company." It was adorable.

I am so proud of my awesome children.

Tonight, we went to Walmart, and Tristan decided to help me as much as possible. Inadvertantly, he slammed the cart into the back of my right leg. He didn't mean to and he profusely apologized. The lines were horrible and so we danced while waiting in line, which was awesome.

After this weekend, I won't see them for a week and a half, because of Christmas holiday, but i get them new years week. I will miss them, but it will be awesome having them here for a week. 80)

My aunt from Arizona sent my boys twenty dollars each, so I let them spend it how they wanted. They decided that they wanted to go to build-a-bear. This was going to be something they were going to ask Santa for, so they just got it a bit early. So on Thursday, we went to Build a bear. Tristan got a dog named Puppy and Avery got a turkey named Bill Nye. My youngest is slightly obsessed with Bill Nye. They also had enough money to get an article of clothing for their stuffed animals, so they got camoflauge shorts. Every stuffed animal needs camoflauge boxers, right? They barely fit on the turkey. It's quite a sight.

80)

No comments: