Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My First Love

To My First Love,

Jesus, I have turned my back on you. I have hurt you. I have tried to take on so much myself. I ask that you fill my heart with your love and show me that I am not alone. You hold my hand and you care for me even when I don't see you or feel you. You are so gracious to me, and I don't deserve your love. I pray that I can keep you in focus in my present and my future on a daily basis. I know that doing so will keep my heart and my healing and growing in the best place possible. You are amazing and I am forever grateful. I cling to others, men especially, when it is you I should be clinging to. I pray when the next time you will allow me to do so, that I can work better on having faith in you and a strong relationship. I have not been very good at this in my past as I seem to think I can love one or the other. I long to be equally yoked with a man in You and I know that I will be when your timing is perfect. I am sorry that I have second-guessed you.

Love,
me

No comments: