Thursday, July 26, 2012

Today's journey... Compassion towards others

Well, today's journey in reducing fear was a bit like a roller coaster... Let's say the Shockwave... Yeah, it got a bit rough... You know  how you ride that ride and you feel like you're gonna fall out even though you're secure? That's how today felt... 8) But there are so many good things to it... Here we go 8*D.

I did really well in the morning, but I allowed the pain of a recent breakup waft over me like my favorite perfume. It went better than if I hadn't had my new-found coping skills...

I have a major issue in that I act and feel entitled to way too much in this life. I am working on being more compassionate. In "How not to be afraid of your own life," the author speaks of compassion to others. She says we should take a step back until we can feel compassionate for them. I have been doing this a great deal in the past couple of days, and it is definitely helpful. It has stopped me from saying things or exhibiting negative behavior due to frustration, etc.

I saw my boys tonight and it was wonderful. We went to a couple of my old high school hangouts, so it was quite the trip down memory lane. We had a wonderful talk about how we cope with life. They were giving me ideas, and vice-versa. Soooo awesome 8) They said they already see a big difference in me, in how i react, in how happy I'm truly becoming. Awesome!!! I want to continue to grow. They are a huge reason I am working on me. I have caused many people a great deal of pain, but I feel very badly of the pain my children have endured. I want to teach them how better to cope with life, and I have been teaching them a great deal these past few years. I honestly wish I had had even a small slathering of the coping skills we discuss when I was a child, but I can give that to them. The best blessing is I get to live it and show them how to cope and heal.  We talk about coping and anger a great deal. This has been quite a good few years in the way of healing. Every year, we are continually getting better, and for that I am so thankful. I am so thankful for a great deal 8). We have come a very long way. It didn't happen overnight, me becoming like I became. It's taken years of continual changes to improve. Now it's coming together as much as it can. Next year, it will come more together as it can then, etc. We can start where we're at. That's a beautiful concept 8).

No comments: