Thursday, September 6, 2012

Heavy Heart

The load I am carrying is great. In fact, I am crippling beneath it.
The love that I shared with someone is now repulsive to them.
I have been carrying it in hopes that they would come back.
I hear God's voice -- Let go. I have a plan.

I let it go and it crashes to the ground.
The love flows out until we are knee deep in love.
The pieces are broken and scattered around.
God calmly picks up every piece.
He puts them in His box and he picks me up.

He holds me and tells me,
"I can do so much more if you'll let me.
I can make you into a beautiful piece of clay if you will submit yourself to Me.
I can make your life even more amazing if you will have faith and let me work.
You are smart, but dear child, I am so much smarter.
I know so much more and I can do so much for you.
Let me help you."

"I have a plan for you, dear child, and it is much better than you can imagine.
Love me and keep me in your heart.
Do as I say and hold onto my hand.
We can make it through any storm.
You can do anything in my name."

Dear, God, I don't know your plan.
I give you my heart and my soul and my broken dreams.
They are yours.
Your path that you have for me is so much better than the uneven cobblestone path behind me.
I love you, dear Lord, and I submit to you.

No comments: