Sunday, September 30, 2012

Good Grief

I decided to be a bit punny about a serious subject... grief. What I have come to over the years in words that I can now formulate... Death is a part of life... It's not a bad thing. We can look at it in a peaceful way...

Ecclesiastes 3:1-2 -- "There is a time for everything, and everything on earth has its special season. There is a time to be born and a time to die."

Zephaniah 3:17 -- The Lord your God is with you. He is mighty to save. He will rejoice over you. You will rest in his love; he will sing and be joyful about you.

I have spoken with my dear friend, M. a great deal this week. She keeps telling me "Live in the moment." Very good advice. I have a tendency to do otherwise.

The peace on a daily basis that I'm acquiring (via God of course 8D) is helping me a great deal through this and through my whole life.

God is so good and he gives us so much. I am so completely blessed and that brings me tears of joy.

Grief can be good. It can be healing. It can also be crippling if you allow it to make you angry for years, as I have done. Grief has helped me in ways, and it can be good.

I am also seeing that I need people around that understand how I grieve and what I need is to hear that I will be ok, that I am strong, that they can hold me and help me in simple ways such as bringing me food or just talking to me. I have had such support in this. Thank you all so much 8D

No comments: