Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Thoughts on Spirituality...

Here I go again being to dogmatic in my spirituality, just the way I don't wanna be.

So here are some ideas and basic foundational thoughts.

I believe in God.
I believe in Jesus.
I believe in peace.
I believe in God's will -- free will is something I'm still wondering about... I will pray and meditate on this...

I believe I need to get back to the basics and focus on God... His will re my future will come to light when He is ready to show me.

I believe that God is love and his way of punishment is *not* pain. We sometimes must go through pain though... Let me explain. When I was young, I was in a religion that was very restrictive. I then went to another religion that felt that if we had any sickness or anything wrong in life, we were in the wrong and somehow disobeying God. I have not realized until now how much this is still shaping my mindset, especially when I'm reeling...

So much of my religious experience makes it seem like God is so black and white. I know that's not the case, and this is something I want to build on and fix... That will be a huge goal in the spirituality department...

That and increasing my intuition. I should follow it more.. It has proved smart to do so in my past...

No comments: