Saturday, September 1, 2012

some wonderful thoughts on the fear of commitment

I was reading in my self help book, and I kept thinking, oh my heavens, this is me...

I want to share some of it... It was talking about how we lose a bit of freedom in all relationships. We go from me to we, and that can be scary even in a pretty healthy relationship... It's true... And really, the things i've been scared of are the very things I want to fix (loss of control, etc). The anticipation or the idea of the loss of freedom is often worse than the loss itself, so true...


I am accustomed to having chaos in my life. To a degree, this is true... And im not really sure how to be or what to do when things are calm... Working on this as well. Working on my fears and coping is helping this.

I am extremely bright and need a tremendous amount of stimulation from any partner... I think that's pretty true as well

Every relationship required compromise.

In a relationship, somebody else is going to have power over your life.

Some people " honestly tell themselves that if they are good enough, they will be rewarded with human, not divine, love." -- when I read this sentence, I felt like im not the only weird one out there... lol... But, truly, it is goofy sounding and something that I'm completely rewiring within me.

Relationships are hard work... and we have to be healthy in our own right to really give them a strong sense of foundation...

No comments: