Monday, September 3, 2012

What I want from a relationship

So I am ready to post what I want from a future relationship... and my ideal partner in regards to how I feel at this time. Will it change? sure...

1. someone open to and willing to work towards an open-ended monogamous relationship (open to the idea of it lasting inevitably)
2. open to the fact I have children and they come first in regards to time etc.
3. open to the fact that I am going to college and I am pretty intelligent (sadly, this has been a problem in my distant past. )
4. open to the fact I can't have more children
5. open to the fact that I am consistently growing and learning about myself and the world
6. open to working together and learning and growing... willing to stick things out, rather than run at the first sign of conflict.
7. someone geeky -- who likes star wars, gaming, etc...
8. someone who doesnt mind that I like to be protected and held now and then... I do need to play the typical female role every once in awhile.
9. someone who is willing to understand that I am stubborn, though this is something I am working on... I know we are all stubborn and I am working on being more tolerant as well...
10. open to sharing about themselves and letting me in.. Im not looking for perfection. I'm not looking for someone who is willing to change for me (though on some level, I used to). I want someone who is willing to compromise when necessary and I will compromise too... I'm working on my boundaries so I can compromise enough without endangering my core...
11. someone who would like to see me at least once per week and talk to me on the phone at least a couple times a week. I know everyone has busy lives and this is a bit malleable... But some contact (phone if a face to face meeting is impossible) is imperative...
12. someone who would like to have me on their arm, take me out now and then... (im by no means picky on this... I can be a homebody as well, so I don't need to go out all the time, plus I am understanding that everyone has budgets, but going out every once in awhile is great (plus i often have coupons or know places with deals 8)))
13. i like little things and giving little things... i love bars of soap and socks and it's so nice to get little gifts, or even a coke zero 8D now and then... I like giving little things like this too, whether it be a star wars necklace, etc...
14 someone who wants me for me and I for them...
15. someone who doesnt mind I am independent, but I am dependent now and then... still working on how to be more healthy at both 8D. i do need someone who is kind of in the middle as well. someone so independent that doesn't let me in is tough and also someone who is so clingy that I cannot move is also tough...

Now that I've written all this out, it saddens me a bit... The last relationship had all of this except for 6, sometimes 10, and the fact that I was having trouble with 14... since i didnt love me... But, it is what it is, and I have to continue to work on letting go....

But I will find this. I just know it... I know that there will be someone for me that is what I need, and I am what he needs...when we are ready 8)





No comments: