Saturday, August 11, 2012

Checking Engine oil in the dark

I sometimes have inspired ideas... This was not one of them... Well, it might have been, as it has inspired a great deal of laughter... Two nights ago, I decided to check the oil at 9 pm. It's dark then, at this point... So I pull out the dipstick, clean it off, then pu... where the heck is the dipstick holder? I'm looking forever and I can't find it... The awesome thing is I remained calm throughout this whole thing (normally I would have come unhinged... yay for anti-fear exercises.) I decide to read the manual on the truck. (in the engine rebuild before i got it, apparently the dipstick sleeve is not where it was originally. doh...) So plan b, get up in the morning since it's light outside. Yeah i found it... But man, it was funny. 8D

No comments: