Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Journey

So I've had this concept in my head for a bit of time...

There are two songs I really like on this subject...

Find Yourself by Brad Paisley (from Cars)
and
This is Home by Switchfoot (Chronicles of Narnia - Prince Caspian)

I have just found myself, truly found myself for the first time in a very very long time...

So here is a poem I wrote while raiding in World of Warcraft. I obviously get too bored when I'm dpsing rather than healing, lol 8D.



The Journey

As I embark on this journey, I breathe deeply as I walk onto the rough path.

I know what will happen, but I must press on and have faith.

As the home I know fades from my sight, I know that my home is in my heart with God and my children.

I feel my wings begin to grow as I am walking.

My heart grows lighter, though the pain increases.

My God is walking beside me, holding my hand.

As I come to the crevass, He beckons me to utilize my newfound ability of flight.

We gradually rise as the path becomes smaller and smaller in my vision.

I am not afraid, for God is holding my hand and filling me with peace.

The wind hits my face with such force, yet I feel that it is the breath of God steadying me, encouraging me to move forth.

We start to land back on the path with the swiftness and ease of a dove.

As we walk, the Lord wraps his arm around me and says, "You are my child and I love you."

I cry in His arms and then we continue to walk.

I do not know where we are going, but I do know that He will be with me. 

No comments: