Friday, August 17, 2012

Kasey Chambers 8/15 at the Kessler

So I went to my very first Kasey Chambers concert... I loved it so much. She was amazing. I haven't been to a concert that small, so it was a new experience for me. It was about 200 people at most. They didn't even introduce her or the opening act onto the stage. They both just talked and talked, like we were in their living room. Kasey is from Australia, and her mom was caring for her 9 month old daughter during the show, and her mom sold her cds following the show... Her dad performed in her band, so it truly is a family thing. 8D. The opening act was Gabriel Kelley, and I was very impressed with him. I bought his cd and he autographed it for me 8). he plays guitar, plays harmonica and sings 8).

Kasey sang some of my favorite songs of hers... I want to go into some of her songs specifically in another post. She is a great story teller...

She also named her middle child after Arlo Guthrie. How cool is that? 8D.

I will definitely see her again as much as I can. She was absolutely phenomenal...

I really liked the Kessler theater. I haven't been there before. I hadn't been to Oak Cliff in quite some time though.

To give a little background, Kasey is a singer/ songwriter, about my age, from Australia. When she was 3 weeks old, she and her family moved into their car, because her dad decided to be a fox hunter across the Australian outback. She sings a lot of songs about that. Every night, they sang around a campfire, and that's where she gets some of her country roots from 8).

No comments: