Friday, August 17, 2012

Forever and The Walk

Forever and ever is such a long time, Pooh. Forever's not long at all when I'm with you. - Winnie the Pooh and Christopher Robbin.

I may have to finish this tomorrow, because my sleeping pill is kicking in 8D.

I've been thinking about reasons why this hit me so hard in this last breakup...

1. I didn't love me, so I lost my compass and my way for a small amount of time, as it were.
2. I have said forever 3 times, and been told forever 4 times in regards to me and someone else... It's not something that frequently comes up... I think that's because I have made some poor choices in men, and that was something we knew wasn't in the cards... 2 i ended up marrying, one was this one, and one that told me was an engagement that I knew wouldn't end well, so I broke it off.
3. my idealization of men and relationships had me off-balance
4. i was completely wrong and am building up a new idea in regards to how relationships should be and affect me -- especially in regards to being enough. I am enough on my own. I don't need a man to identify my self worth.. Unfortunately, this is what I was told, and I believed it. Now I get to change it, yay! 8D.

"Doesn't anybody ever stay together anymore? And if Love never lasts forever.Then What's forever for? " Michael Martin Murphy.

Forever is different in everyone's eyes. Up until this point, I saw forever as this always elusive promise that never quite manifested in completeness for me...

Now my concept of forever is more of a goal than a promise. It is the hope to continue a relationship indefinitely and moving towards that. But if things happen or incompatibility is present, then you adapt...


In relationships, imagine as if we're walking along. Our destinations are different depending on the person we're walking with. We may walk fast or slow, and we may only walk for a short time with them. Life is made of meetings and partings, that is the way of it (Kermit the Frog (Bob Cratchit) in The Muppet Christmas Carol). We must enjoy the scenery and the walk itself, or we miss the entire thing by daydreaming or living in the future, which is my tendency. I want to learn to enjoy the scenery and I am. It's not easy, but I can do this 8). Conversely, as I was running this by a friend, he mentioned that also the stride can change in the course of a relationship as well as turning a corner as a relationship changes its' course and its' stride. A perfect example is when a relationship goes from romantic to friendship or vice versa.

No comments: