Sunday, August 12, 2012

learning to walk

I am doing daily meditational devotionals (Christian-based) from a book, Loving yourself more. In today's reading, it talked of learning how to walk... That it would help if we imagine God walking beside us, teaching us to walk in our daily relationships, and that he will pick us up and hold us when we fall. This is beautiful and soooo very helpful to me. I see God as my Heavenly Daddy, so this isn't really hard for me to imagine. My relationships and learning to react in them is a daily journey for me... And He is teaching me with every step... How moving is that? Just awesome.

In the book, Dance of anger, it talks of how women are supposed to be nice and self-sacrificing, but that causes anger, which causes the cyclical pattern (sacrifice of self, then causing us to have anger due to all the times we sacrifice and don't refill ourselves up or handle the residual effects, causing an avalanche of the pile up that we accrue.) That we are taught to be nice women, and women should never get angry and I completely want to be a nice woman, but i feel like I'm gonna blow like a volcano now and then. The exercises in this book prevent that... The anti-fear exercises are really helping with some of the residual effects as well 8)

Some really good thoughts to top off a wonderful weekend with my boys 8)

No comments: