Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The concept of "The One"

For a long time, I haven't believed in the concept of "The one" until I met my most recent boyfriend, then I believed in it for a time, and now I am back to not believing in it. I believe many relationships can work if both are willing to actively work at it for the ultimate chance of survival. Making it work is hard, no matter how well-matched... Working together is essential and makes it easier... I'm realizing in talking relationships with people that some relationships seem easy because one is really laid-back etc... Now I'm realizing how hard making it work can be... Everyone must compromise, and yes some slight changes occur. In my past, I have attempted to change to the point of breaking me... That won't happen again... First, I have to truly find me for the first time and I'm almost there. Woooot 8D.

But I no longer believe in "The one" again... I think there are numerous options... Several options could have worked in my life had we truly worked it out or had both of us chosen to try, really try. 

My concept of a relationship in my brain has been so skewed to the point of oblivion. I wanted to be in love in a movie, as the Sleepless quote goes... I think many people have a skewed sense of love... I have so many weird thoughts when it comes to it... I need to list what I think a healthy relationship is... This may change and some of this may be wrong, but I just need to let it develop 8D

constantly changing... it's a roller coaster and it's uncontrollable.

leaving can't be a readily available option -- this one I'm good at, too good in a sense...

both parties are willing to grow and learn and help the other... it's not one-sided

compassion and kindness

give and take

the ability to be yourself with the other person, that comfort level 8)


No comments: