Saturday, August 25, 2012

King Spa, hair cut, Rainforest

So, this morning, I went out with a coworker, A. to King Spa. She doesn't have a car, so we made a deal that I would drive and pay for gas and she would pay for the tickets. She wanted me to pick her up at 7 (am)(on a Saturday I could sleep in). But it's ok 8) It works 8D. Last night, I did some reading on the spa and it was mentioned numerous times that there is a lot of nekkidness. I'm a bit modest, ok a lot modest, when it comes down to it, so I got a bit nervous... It really wasn't so bad. The sauna rooms are co-ed, so of course not nekkidnessy... But the locker rooms, steam rooms and hot tubs are. No one made a big deal about it, so it wasn't a biggie.

I was a total spa noob, so my friend walked me through. She was really cool about it, and very thorough in explaining all the rooms. We have a bit of a language barrier, but we overcame it... She's Korean and I'm not 8D. My favorite rooms are the
1. salt room
2. gold room
3. crystal room

I *don't* like the egg boiler room... Waaaay too hot. That's where they boil the eggs that they sell at the concession stand(that's what she told me anyway, lol). Speaking of food, no outside food or drinks are allowed, and this portion is quite pricey, so just throwing that out there 8).

Note to self, whenever I have asthma issues that I'm about to go to the doctor for, I'm gonna start with this. It would be a lot cheaper and it helped a lot.


Then we went to her friend's salon in Garland (we got lost at first, which would normally upset me. I stayed fairly calm, though I started to get a bit agitated... nothing unhandlable at all...) Partly my fault, since I didn't get full directions beforehand. She just kept saying she would watch for it. She refuses to ride on major highways so we took Beltline the *whole* way from here to Garland. That's far. She offered to pay for my hair to be cut in lieu of driving her there. Her friend is also Korean and I don't think she's used to cutting really curly thick hair. I asked her to cut my hair 4 inches below my shoulder... It's *maybe* shoulder-length, but everyone's saying it looks good. 8) It's much curlier with less weight... Not really what i had in mind. She also cut my hair by just spritzing my hair and then combing (not good), so it made it straightish, which is why it shot up so much when I styled it... I was about to cry with how bad it looked there... But after some tlc, it looks much better...

I really liked hanging out with A, as she is single as well, and a very strong person... Gives me strength knowing I have other single friends out there... She's a nice person.

I met some coworkers for dinner at Rainforest Cafe and everyone else brought their hubbies, since I hang out with mostly married people. The really cool thing is it didn't bother me this time... Normally, it really saddens me... It's hard when everyone laughs and talks about how long they've been together... I hope for that someday, and I honestly know I will have that... It may be a long while, but I'm not ready now... The good thing is I really really enjoyed myself. We all had a great time 8).

Now, I'm crafting and watching movies... All in all, a great day 8D

No comments: